Welcome to NACT UK we are rebranding to Medical Education Leaders UK
Medical Education Leaders UK is the new name for NACT UK, the medical education and leadership body.
We champion improvements in medical education and its leadership with training, up to date information and policy advice across the UK.
We’re changing our name to help people understand who we are and what we do.
Our new website is currently under develoment and we will give further details when we are ready to launch.
Who can join?
Anyone with a role in medical & dental education in any setting, whether undergraduate, postgraduate or CPD, is welcome. This includes:
- Leaders e.g. Deans, Directors, Tutors, Faculty Leads etc.
- Trainers e.g. Supervisors, trainers, teachers, skills/simulation trainers etc.
- Managers e.g. Medical Education & Programme Managers, Deanery / LETB staff etc.
- Support Services e.g. careers, support units, coaching & mentoring etc.
What do we offer?
- Professional development opportunities for our members to enhance their teaching, organisational and leadership skills in the expanding field of medical & dental education.
- Opportunities for members to share resources, challenges & experiences between regions & countries to maintain consistency & ensure shared strategic visions.
- Passing on of members’ views, concerns and achievements at all National educational committees.
- A Library of shared resources for members, including those for members new to the role.
How do we do it?
- NACT UK is invited to represent members’ views, concerns and achievements at all national educational committees e.g. GMC, HEE, AoMRC, NHSE, Royal Colleges etc.
- Conferences – 2 day Annual Spring Meeting and one day Winter Meeting
- Special Interest groups e.g. SAS Tutors, FP Directors
- Leadership in Medical Education courses – CorBLIME for those new to role and MorBLIME for the more established leaders
- Focused one day workshops – small events focusing on specific topic areas
- Written guidance & documents & regular email cascades
- Access to Clinical Teacher online free – collaboration with ASME
- In-house newsletter Clinical Tutor
- Website, discussion groups and web-based forums to enable networking
- Council consists of representatives from all regions and countries who link with regional members, as well as representation from Special Interest Groups
- Annual travelling fellowship to USA established through our international links
Registered charity No.295172
Feedback to NACT UK:
'Overall fantastic meeting, having never attended one before, it opened my eyes to the educational dynasties.' - (Multi-Specialty Meeting)
'I just wanted to say a big thank you for last week’s winter meeting. It really was a fantastic day – hugely thought provoking, inspiring and informative.' - (Winter Meeting)
'I just want to say thank you to you both for (yet another) well organised meeting with excellent content. Well done!' - (Winter Meeting)
'Great 2 days at corBLIME course. Great to meet other educators and understand the theory behind what we all do (and how to do it better). Huge thanks to all including ' - (CorBLIME)
'Thank you so much for a great day, it was really helpful to me as a new SAS tutor, I met lots of really helpful people and the talks were excellent. The location and facilities were also really good.' - (SAS Tutors' Development Day)